Are you looking for ways to solve the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS077? So, we are here to help you and give you all the information about this QuickBooks error PS077. You have to follow all the steps to troubleshoot this error.
The QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 is the error of the PSXXX family. This error occurs on your system when the user tries to download the updates of QuickBooks Payroll. Whenever this error appears on your device, you will receive an error message like “Error PS077 When Downloading Payroll Updates. A user has not registered QuickBooks software or the company file is damaged or corrupted”. There is another Payroll Update error that occurs in your system like QuickBooks Update Error 15106. When this error appears, you will receive a message like “Error 15106: The Update program cannot be opened”.
Causes of QuickBooks Update Error PS077
There is a list of reasons that causes the Quickbooks error ps077:-
- When in the payroll folder the tax table file is invalid or damaged.
- If the user has not registered in the QuickBooks software.
- The billing information is outdated or incorrect.
- When the corrupted or damaged company file in QuickBooks.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error PS077
- When the user is not able to update the tax table.
- If the user is unable to download the Payroll Update.
- When QuickBooks is not able to perform well and starts hanging now and then.
- The computer is responding slowly.
- QuickBooks Error PS077 message appears on your system screen.
Method to Fix QuickBooks Error PS077
You have to follow the below-mentioned steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error PS077:-
- Initially, you have to log out of QuickBooks.
- Then, you have to close all the windows and make sure that you have closed all the windows.
- Now, open the Window Task Manager and check all opened QuickBooks windows.
- Open QuickBooks and try to download the payroll update again.
- At last, check that the issue is resolved or not. If the issue is still there then you have to go to the file and choose Utilities and then Repair QuickBooks.
- Firstly, you have to log in to your Intuit account and then check the QuickBooks License, verify that you have the recently updated version of QuickBooks.
- Now, verify the billing information date of your QuickBooks Payroll service account information.
- Then, refer to QuickBook’s error technical support team to resolve the QuickBooks error PS077.
- Go to the file and then Utilities and then you have moved to Create and check the QuickBooks data.
- At last, if you are using Microsoft Windows 7 & 8 then you have to switch off the UAC and then try to download the QuickBooks Payroll Updates.
Condition 1- For One Version of QuickBooks Desktop User
If the user installed One Version of QuickBooks Desktop:-
- Initially, you have to take a backup of your Quickbooks Company File.
- Then, close all the applications.
- Now, have to open Run Windows.
For Windows 8:
- Firstly, go to the Window System sections.
- Then, click on the Start screen and open it.
- Now, users have to right-click on the background to All Apps.
- At last, choose the Run window option.
For Windows 7 & XP:
- If you are not logged in as admin, click on the Start button.
- Then, click on All Programs.
- Go to Accessories.
- At last, you have to click on the Run window.
For Windows Vista:
- You have to click on the Start button. Then, in the search bar enter the Run command and open it.
Condition 2- For Multiple Versions of QuickBooks User
Firstly, you have to install a clean version of QuickBooks Desktop to perform well in Selective Startup.
- For multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop:
- Remove all the additional installations.
- QuickBooks Update Reset.
- Now, download the latest version of the Payroll tax table.
- After that, resort to the lists then you have to check the data/rebuild data process.
- At last, perform a clean uninstall in selective startup.
In this article, we discuss the solution for QuickBooks Payroll Update PS077. I hope this post will be helpful for you and may resolve all the issues related to QuickBooks Payroll Update Ps077. If you are facing any other issue then you can visit our other post also to fix it.