We often see ramps in hospitals, buildings, and various other places. These ramps provide safe access to the users who are disabled or use wheelchairs and for other walkers too. Ramps are important for a variety of reasons being it your home, office or anywhere in between ramps make it easy for us to walk.
There is a huge variety of access ramps, but there are particularly some of them that are the most suitable for disabled people. In this article, we will discuss the best kind of ramps for disabled people.
WHAT IS A RAMP?
An access ramp is a surface that is sloped and specially designed for proper who cannot use a staircase and require external aid to move across the various floors of a building, it is designed for moving wheelchairs or stretchers from one place to another or from one floor of the building to the other.
Ramps can be portable and the ones that remain fixed too. The fixed ones are made of cement and heavy material that makes them permanent, while the portable wheelchair ramps are made of materials such as aluminum and iron and provide the property of foldability.
MOST SUITABLE RAMPS FOR DISABLED PEOPLE:
1. Permanent Ramp:
It is made up of materials like wood, aluminum and is fixed in a place. These ramps are more attractive as compared to portable ones. These are mainly used in the entrance. People who use mobility scooters mostly prefer this type of ramp also very helpful if you have a disabled person in your home.
2. Threshold Ramps:
These access ramps are very lightweight and cost-effective. Also, it provides amazing mobility solutions to people who use wheelchairs, scooters, or walkers to get around. These are best for both inside and outside of a doorway. They are compact so they are very suitable for use both inside and outside the house.
3. Vehicle Access Ramps:
- These access ramps are designed to help wheelchairs to enter in and out of the vehicles. Wheelchairs can be heavy to carry so these types of ramps are suitable to lift the mobility aid into the vehicle. These are also lightweight and easy to carry.
- These ramps are the most suitable ramps for the use of disabled people.
- These are the aptest access ramps for the use of disabled people, these can be used to transport mobile objects and aids that are used by disabled people, such as wheelchairs, carts, mobile scooters, etc. apart from this, these ramps can be used to push strollers.
- For people who require some external aid, such as human support, for instance, people who are deprived of vision need a person to guide them, in that case, these access ramps can be really helpful.
- The person deprived of vision can be seated in the wheelchair and be helped with to move up and down in a building or a hospital or wherever they need to go.
4. Telescoping Ramps:
- This is a type of access ramp that provides access to people where wheelchairs and mobility scooters cannot reach.
- These access ramps are very suitable for people who face problems with mobility and require access to wheelchair-deprived areas.
- It is usually made of two channels and is telescopic to each other.
- They provide access to uneven areas, and because of their compact design, one can fold it and carry it anywhere for easy use, access, and aid for disabled people.
These were certain kinds of ramps that suit the need of disabled people.
Read more blogs on cnnnewsnetworks